If you are black and complaining about how “white privilege” is the reason for all your problems and why a majority of people in prisons are black - you need to seriously open your eyes. They’re not in prison because they’re black, they’re in prison because they broke the law(s) Get over yourself already and admit that something needs to be done amongst the black community . YOU are the ones who need to change, not us.
1. Never fall for a boy who only wants your body, because they know exactly how to make you feel pure bliss and leave you wanting more and more.
2. When he says “I promise I will never lie to you” run. Run as fast as you can because he already broke that promise, and it’ll certainly not be the last one he breaks.
3. Guys are great at hiding their emotions. They never open up. But sweetie if a guy will by the grace of God opens up to you, listen to him. He truly cares about you. But if they start ignoring you after, don’t be alarmed. Guys hate feeling weak.
4. The truth is, guys are naturally attracted to many girls at one time. It may be one other person or maybe even 8. Don’t worry about it until he starts giving the other one attention or even tries to change you into being #3 of the list of other girls he’s attracted to. That is when you can kick him where it hurts and take him out on the curb.
5. If you fall for a guy who is taken, you’re screwed babe. Even if he gives you all the attention in the world, and all the deep personal conversations at 2:45 in the morning, just know he is taken. It will hurt like hell, but not even vodka can help. Trust me, I know that feeling all too well.
6. Don’ be sad because the boy you love doesn’t love you back. Don’t try and push your love down his throat because he will choke it up and spit it out onto the ground next to your feet. Save up all of your love and wait darling, because one day soon you will find someone who will accept all of your love but also return it in the most passionate way.
7. You will meet a boy one day and not know the impact he will have on your life. He will love you so much that he would buy you 3 dozen bouquets of tulips for no reason other than that’s your favorite flower. He will make you love turtles because that’s the animal that fascinates him. Even if they freak you out. He will be your first love, at least that is what the novels say.
8. Don’t become too close with his sisters, mom, or even neighbors. Those people will shine a new light in your life and you will create tons of memories with them. If things don’t end out well with your boyfriend, they are his family and you will not be in their lives any more. The lights will still be shining but not bright enough to have you find your way back to them.
The 8 things that I’ve learned in 8 months